Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Oh Humanities!

I thought I heard little voices screaming "Oh, Why bother?" in my mind when I decided to type this post...


I thought I should post the rough format for doing SBQs in Combined Humanities, from what I absorbed from the various CH teachers.

INFERENCE Q.^
-Inference 1. Give Support.
-Inference 2. Give Support again.
-Purpose of the Source is ... [H.o.P.E.]

Utility Q.
-Useful. Support from the Source.
-Useful. Further support by Cross-reference.
HOWEVER,
-Not useful, lack of info? / biased?
-Not useful, Further support by Cross-reference, or citing contextual knowledge.
-Conclusion.

Based on Content, Tone, or Purpose [CTP]

Comparison Q.
-2 similarity, 1 difference.
OR
-2 difference, 1 similarity
based on Content, Tone, or Purpose. [CTP]

No comments: